Successful companies realize that employees are their most important asset when they generate sales.
Customers might be the reason the lights stay on, but those customers wouldn’t exist without the hard work and dedication put forth by your employees.
As the CEO of your company, you aim to treat each employee as your best customer. Just as you value your customers’ satisfaction, loyalty, and referrals, you should respect the same in your employee relationships.
The secret is that when you invest in your employees, they will invest in your company’s growth.
Here are three eye-opening stats about the employee experience from the Harvard Business Review:
- $11 Billion is lost annually due to employee turnover.
- Organizations that invest in having a great employee experience have more than four times the average profit
- Companies with engaged employees pull in 2.5x more revenues than their competitors with low engagement levels.
When you train your employees with care, treat them well, and listen to what they have to say, they’ll become loyal and fight for your shared goal until the end.
Also, once you educate your employees about why you deliver such an excellent service, you’ll be surprised at the rewards. Once your staff believes in your vision and what your company stands for – you will have built a powerful sales force.
Here are three simple ways each employee will help generate sales:
1. Your employees will start upselling a lot more. If you educate each employee outside of your sales team why a customer would buy from your company, it will be easy to help sell to potential customers.
2. Your employees can be a wealth of referrals. If they don’t think your company is exceptional, they won’t refer you to anyone. But if you’ve taught them why and they genuinely believe it, they will tell lots and lots of people.
3. An educated employee is much better suited to help or answer questions from a client. Clients get annoyed when employees don’t know anything. Educate all your employees regularly. Get them excited about working for your wonderful company. Education and motivation are the keys to super great employees.
One of Richard Branson’s famous quotes is, “Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.”
Your employees are your number one asset. Taking care of them to make sure they’re happy, engaged, and effective requires implementing strategies that have already worked well in customer experience.
When you consistently take care of your employees, they will always generate more sales for your company.
If you need help with simple and effective ways to generate sales and boost profits,
we invite you to book a FREE Quick Wins Growth Session!