Small business owners have five marketing strategies to boost customer loyalty and increase sales.
The function of every business to successfully grow is to gain new customers and keep existing customers loyal.
There are five powerful marketing strategies for your small business that will win loyal customers for life. Keeping customers long-term is key to the success of virtually every business.
Did you know that attracting new customers to a business is much more expensive than retaining existing ones?
There are so many studies that prove this as accurate. It can cost, on average, four to six times more to attract a new customer than to keep an existing customer. So the importance of customer loyalty becomes obvious.
But knowing how to keep existing customers happy is a crucial ingredient to your company’s success. As long as your product or service delivers specific results and you can implement outstanding customer service and exceed what your competition offers, it should be easy.
Here are five strategies that promote exceptional customer service and boost customer loyalty.
1. Showing Appreciation In today’s fast-paced world, taking the time to send a tangible ‘thank you’ is sure to stand out and leave your customer feeling appreciated. It can be as simple as sending a thank you card, a small gift, a gift card of their interest, as a way of saying “thank you” for being a great customer. If you position yourself as a great friend, your customer will be sure to remember you and keep coming back.
2. Gaining Customer Feedback is critical to improving your product or service. It’s a fact that your customers will likely not tell you if there are problems unless you ask! Numerous studies have shown that complaining customers don’t complain but consider that bad news travels faster than good news.
3. Differentiation You need to make sure the customer knows they made the right decision to do business with you. If you do something different from the competition, ensure the customer knows about it. These competitive differences need to be emphasized. It is your opportunity to stand out.
4. Inoculate Your Competitors By setting the expectations high for your customers, you can set up your competition for failure if they fail to meet your minimum standard of service. Anything less from the competition reinforces that the customer made the right choice to do and continue doing business with you.
5. Guarantees A customer doesn’t do business with a company.
They do business with the people who represent the company. Providing a money-back guarantee or service guarantee increases customer confidence. Implementing a promise is a simple strategy that can attract more customers and retain more customers. You must communicate your value and make sure your customer knows you take it seriously when delivering a great experience when doing business with your company.
Implementing any of these five strategies in your current marketing efforts will easily help you gain more customers and ensure your existing clients remain loyal to your company.
If you would like help to implement new strategies to gain new clients or retain existing clients, we invite you to book a FREE Quick Wins Growth Session!